Tuesday, June 4, 2013

There was this house...

The scoop, that maybe 3 people total care about, is that we have accepted a very nice offer on our home and are in the
Option Period.... The inspector comes today. It would be awesome if it was this guy:


I think we are either on day 3 or 4 of the Option Period? My mind can't comprehend because currently I'm making 350 magnets for our school's volunteers (have had help though!) and we have also put in an offer for a home we would really love and care for oh so much.

We put that bad boy in an hr after we viewed the home on Friday.

Today is Tuesday.

I will not complain. I will not complain. I will not complain.

And I'm not. I will say that hubbsie and I are having to relinquish hourly the thoughts that come in to destroy us:
You are not going to get it. 
- Well that is a VERY good possibility, but we pray that God not allowing us to get that home is for our own good and better still, His own good.
You are going to be without a home.
- There are lovely bridges in Cinco Ranch. We're considering Huck Finnin' it by building a huge raft. We won't use pallets though because I hear those things have Ebola strains on them.
We be crazy. 
- Yes, this is correct. Crazy like a fox!

And honestly, what is so refreshing right now are the people that understand that God has a plan for us and encourage us to continue to believe in that plan. I've learned something, that I need to be one of these for one of mine. I will be that friend that stands behind what God says for a friend and not question that for them. That's been really comforting.

We just pray and laugh and make fun of ourselves daily.

We are trying to remember that if we don't then that is God's way of protecting us or putting us in a different path.
Maybe the neighbors weren't who He wanted us by?
Maybe the sink would always smell like fish?
Maybe there's a portal to hell in one of the linen closets?

It did smell lovely and new.

And funny story, as we were leaving Better Than Our Homes and Gardens Friday night there was a couple waiting to get into view it and probably offer 20K more than us, and John goes,
"Don't go in there, that place is filled with rats!"

'Cus you know us Nichols play a little dirty!

Life verse:

"They will have no fear of bad news;
    their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalm 112:7



No comments: