Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm Sorry.

Recently God has brought it to my attention that I might have been a little preachy on this media format.

And like one of my all time greatest lyrical genius heroes, Stevie, I'm just writing to say:

I'm Sorry.

Maybe I've been unintentionally fronting as if I have it all together. I don't. I'm just as shaky as the stupid body glue that incorrectly holds me together.

Crud, I'm just like every other mom out there I hope and pray. I have no idea how to be intentional and forget 3/4 of the time to pray to be. And when I remember to pray about being intentional I'm probably unintentionally being a selfish twit.

I'm a lukewarm mess, y'all.

Moms, I am sorry for venting about your various "fronts" when really, I have them too.

Can you please forgive me?

I'm praying about this and trying to step up my daily quiet time game. I'm 2 for 4 this week. I came across this wonderful blog that really does inspire as the name implies: InspiredtoAction.com

This has really helped me find the track to get back on in regards to having a daily QT. Again, I'm not fronting that I have been having a "daily" QT, but I did get to enjoy it twice this week.

And on those days I saw marked improvement in efficiency. I would attest that the early-rising technique does help.

Do I sleep in when I hear my iPhone's Bell Towers? Oh, heck yes I do. But then I eventually roll out.

Today I accidentally time traveled and read ahead in the glorious, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, and here's what I loved:
"God can do nothing for me, until I get to the limit of the possible."

You see, this is where I'd want to interject about my weaknesses and reaching that limit (daily) and how God has helped me to persevere and on and on, but maybe that's where I'm being "preachy."

The hersbernd is actually the one that may have slightly pointed it out. And I thank him for that. Sure, I had to pry it out of his clam-like, feelings vault, but I appreciate his honesty.

So whatever that limit of possibility is for you, be thankful for it. That's when God gets to "show out."

Too much?

No comments: