Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Heard the Word...

I was going to post about some new little redecorating that we've been doing around the Nichols Cottage, but I had it put upon my heart to write about something much, much more meaningful. Although, I'm really excited to show our dining room chairs- they're WILD!

About a fortnight ago, I was doing the dishes and it was one of the rare times that I was thinking about probably just 2 tame, mindless things at once instead of the usual 7,056 things I think about simultaneously and then I heard that still, small whisper in my heart.

I want to reiterate- I was thinking probably about my next meal after doing the dishes and probably what kind of cheese will be included (I have problems), and I heard the Lord whisper to my heart that we would have a child before the year is over.

Wait.

What.

How.

Cheese, where was I again? Casseroles, Mexican, Chuys, Budget, So cassero-

You will have a child before the year is over. 

What!?

Seriously. That's not funny. I'm uterusless and there is still some meeting of the minds regarding the adoption that I so clearly have seen taking place, but have kind of given up thinking about.

Except for that piece of my heart where this unknown child lives that I pray about and already love and cry for.

But I'm just being foolhardy and imaginative. Right?

I felt a little scared to be honest. And a little more crazy than usual. So the next step: talk to my husband, the smart one, who engineers everything and can be a sort of skeptic... I mean that in love- he knows it and says the same thing.

I sat him down- I do this like 30 times a weekend anyway- so he's always prepared for it.
Johnicles.
I proceeded to explain what I believe to be a word from, you know, God and stuff.

His calm response, "Oh. Okay."

And I let it alone, because I'm trying this new thing called shutup and have faith.

Right now, Jan. 9, 2013, we do not have anything set for adoption. Leelah still asks. I still pray. And John and I are on the same page in that we need to get on the same page- God's page. But no paperwork. No agreement. No "LET'S DO IT!" followed by high fives and cool 80's music montage sequences. Nothing.

So it's totally up to God. I have no idea how it will work out and maybe if. But wouldn't this be glorious to look back on someday?

Oh and I told Leelah. Her eyes got big. I asked her what she thought and she said, "I don't know!"

So there you have it folks. Judge away. And thanks for your prayers. 

1 comment:

The Box Office said...

Love your heart....

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

Isaiah 1:17