Monday, December 3, 2012

Googly Eye Strikes Back

First and most importantly, the commercials are total cheese BUT Gevalia is my new fave coffee.

Period. I'm drinking the house blend and I can't wait to breathe my new coffee breath on people with complete disregard. What? John and I stumbled upon this goodness because it was served at his Office Christmas Party, or as he likes to call it: "Meet the Wives Night." I'm all like, "Whatever homey, you know there are lady engineers and drafters! What about meet the Spouses night!?"
His does have a better ring to it. I love my husband.

What I really should call it, "Asphyxiate myself with spanx and try not to fall down and break a cheese plate Night!"

Second. My left eye (Super 8 as in 8 surgeries (({still bragging}))) is a wiggle-waggin'. Drats!

Source

So yep, heading down to the med center tomorrow morning with the Johnicles. With joy I might add because it's really a hop, skip and a toll road away from us and that makes me blessed. Finally, we can roll up in there with electronic devices. No more attempting to crochet with one eye ball for 6 hrs. for this chick!
I'm "seeing" an associate of my top-dog surgeon. I don't know what that means. I'm grateful that I was able to be worked in on account of my specialness. Would y'all please pray for her sweet heart? Lord knows I am going to freak her out and I just don't want her to run out screaming.... Although, I know she has seen worse like forks in eyesocket worse, but maybe not seen as rare... I'm totally an eye-disease snob at this point.

What am I talking about?
Here's the skinny.
I have 2 eyeballs.
Inside your eyeballs are your natural lenses which help you focus and um, see and stuff.
 But you see, on account of the Autosomal Isolated Recessive Ectopia Lentis et Pupillae  or "Googly Eyes Syndrome" as I refer to it as, my lenses are jank.

Thanks Star Jones on Celebrity Apprentice, circa Spring, for giving me a new adjective to describe my mess.

Jank, meaning they are not held properly in place by my stupid, lame zonules (teeny, tiny lens holder uppers) and thus, ergo, henceforth, my lenses dislocate or subluxate or wiggle. Thus causing several "big gun" surgeries to sew synthetic lenses in place and pray that it doesn't drop and doesn't cause infection. Both of which have happened and praise Jesus, I'm still seeing!

Etcetera, etcetera....
Due to the current jankness or as my 6 yr old says "junked down"ness of my lenses (which are now synthetic after 10 operations), my vision is distorted and shakes every time I turn my eyeball.

So the left eye is the jello-jiggler shakin' it.
My right eye is now twitching all the time because it apparently cannot cope with the stress. WEAK I yell at it!!!!

Hey, zonules, I'm sorry I called you lame. You held my natural lenses in place for 22-28 years. Way more than the original docs ever said you would.
 
I'm so very thankful for many things in this situation.
1. That I have Jesus and He has already figured this out for me.
2. My husband takes time off of work to shuttle me and make me laugh and encourage me.
3. I'm still driving and photographing.
4. That I even have vision period!
5. That I'm so close to the best eye docs in the world!
5.5. That I've only been 3 times this whole year to the eye doctor!!!!! 
6. That I found some awesome coffee.

I will post an update and I do appreciate your prayers. My guess is they will hold off on surgery, but just check me over.

My 3 fave verses that I treasure in times of uncertainty with my vision or health:
"But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."- Daniel 3:18

"Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light."- Micah 7:8

"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD."- Psalm 112:7

No comments: