Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Moms Use the Thumper Rule...

I'm currently in the process of making Apple Butter right now. It's going to be slow cooking for another 12 hrs. My house smells almost perfect. If only for the lingering Pot Roast aroma, it would be perfect smelling. I have a very high standard for smells. Given that I have the vision of a bat who wears glasses, smells are a big deal to me. I also have amazing hound dog ears. Again, see reference to corrected-vision bat as to why.

Can I tell you the words I'm loving right now?
Recompense. Thanks a lot Avengers!
and
Compromised.
As in, "We would have had our home smelling perfect, but due to the Pot Roast from last night's eve the smell has been compromised."

But seriously, aren't you jealous that I'm making Apple Butter? I'm jealous of myself.

It's a wintry 57 degrees in Katy, Texas y'all! Or it twas about an hour ago.

Yesterday I had the honor and joy of teaching 60 little girls (a few were out) about them being God's wonderful workmanship. I know I can't shut up about it.

So far in Lovely Girls Club we've gone over the following verses:
Matthew 5:16: (Lovely Theme)
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew: 7:12: (Lovely Manners)
“In everything, therefore, [a]treat people the same way you want [b]them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets."
Proverbs 31:10: (Lovely Tea Party)
"An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels." (We focused on the second part of this verse).

And special thanks to my near and dear friend on her beautiful lesson and book reading for this special event! 
Psalm 139:14: (Lovely Beauty- Differences are Beautiful)
"I will give thanks to You, for [a]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well." 


So for our lesson on Lovely Beauty, I had to tell the girls what was up. 
I showed them a bouquet of flowers- all mixed flowers mind you. I asked them why they thought the flowers were beautiful. Here are a couple of their answers:
"Because they are colorful."
"They are all different colors."
"Because God made them!"
"Because they smell good!"- Pretty sure that was my child...

I shared with them that they are God's flowers and to have a beautiful bouquet you need different flowers! One Little Lovely even said: "We are all individuals!" I almost died from joy at that point. And we talked about rainbows. I mean, does it get any more beautiful than little girls talking about rainbows?? No. So I asked them, "Does God make only blue rainbows??" NO! 

And then I told them that they are God's artwork. That He is an artist. That His works are marvelous masterpieces. Because they are. That they are not supposed to go into an art museum and complain to an artist, "Oh you didn't make that quite right!" 

I understand that this is simplistic. But can we just be a little simplistic sometimes? Our little girls are His masterpieces- and so are you Moms. That's right, I'm talking to you mothers. Whoa, that sounded explicit.

I'm over-reading again, doing 2 Bible Studies and reading 5 Converstations You Must Have with Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney. It brings up how we as moms have a huge voice in our daughter's self worth internal tapes/CDs/MP3's.  

Let me break it down right quick to you:
 DON'T DISS YOURSELF IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!! YOU ARE DISSING GOD'S WORKMANSHIP. And have we not just covered that God is an artist- scratch it- THE ARTIST. So don't be dissin' His pieces. Yes, you are His Work, His Piece, His Little Lovely. 
I'm going to say it straight to your and consequently my own face-
You are being a hypocrite if you are telling your daughter how lovely she is made and then go on to verbally assault your own looks in front of her. Or behind her back. Just stop it. 

You can't tell the artist he didn't craft his art right. 

And how's this for simplistic- remember Bambi? 
"If you can't say something nice (about yourself), don't say nothin' at all." -- Thumper.

 

No comments: