Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sharking it up in Water Aerobics Class


Water aerobics.

Yes, that's what I'm about right now. Many thoughts. Many self-laughs.

Let's begin.

My homeslice asked me how my first splash in the pool at the YMCA went the other day. You see, by the grace of God I am now exercising. How about that? 7 months of no walking and now, exercising!!! Glad to get that praise taken care of first.

Now, let's hear what I told my buddy on how the first day of Hydrotone went:
I t.o.'ed some folks. Namely, the instructor who had the word, 'INSTRUCTOR' printed on her bathing suit. Here's how I ticked off my fellow sharks:
1. My scrunched up face. In school, teachers would actually stop their lesson and point it out. I cannot help my face.
2. My age being, um, substantially less than theirs.
3. My abilities being, um, substantially less than theirs.
4. My whole, "I don't know what we're doing because I'm an Aggie!" smiling attitude.
5. My favorite way to tick off the other water aerobicizers- My lack of peripheral vision which causes me to hit people with my flailing body parts and or equipment.

It's getting better. I'm a little less awkward. The INSTRUCTOR will be literally a kick away from me and I will have to ask, "What do the legs do!?" Little does she know that most of the peeps in there have better eyes than I do!!

Still no invites to Bridge gaming sessions though. And I have yet to figure out how to not wear my glasses. But one of the clan matriarchs did warn me in the locker room to NOT put my swimsuit in the wringer-outter-thingy-dealy. She told me that it would eat it up. She could have let me just mess up my one suit and watched me cry. So I'm thankful for that.
In case you were wondering, there haven't been any Cocoon movie moments or anything. Good thing too. That movie seemed so innocuous- but it ain't! Looking back having immediate access to HBO cable channels has kind of messed me up in the head a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! All I can do is laugh! You are too funny friend!

Ashley S said...

I JUST read this and I'm hitting myself for waiting so long. So funny! I hope you're making friends with the old people! Good luck! :)