Friday, April 8, 2011

A Little Something Real Last Day...

All the FB and blog bragging bugged me so I started to un-brag. About halfway through the week I realized even all of my unbrags: out of date technology, laundry-thon house, kids clothes and oversized sunglasses are still what some parts of the world would consider blessings to have and thus, bragging. I felt convicted. Isn't that funny when you think you might, dare I say, teach some folks a little something about realness, you are the one who ends up getting taught. So I guess my realness is about humility. Is it self-righteous to say that you are being humbled? Oh wait, I think a brain cell just burst from that higher level of thinking. Ouch.

Please check out Compassion International if you feel led to learn more about poverty and what you can do to help.

No comments: