Thursday, April 2, 2009

I must really love this child...

I have an aversion to sand. I don't like it. Particularly the gritty-ness. I don't like sandpaper either. I have to wear gloves and ear muff/shooting ear covers while I sand furniture. I LOVE the beach. I hate sand. Don't ask me why. Go ask your Dad!

So whilst perusing the garage sales of Katy, Leelah and I found a kiddy pool. Which being a resourceful mama albeit sort of ghetto (even though I don't ever use that term) I decided it had the possiblity of becoming a sandbox for Leelah. LEELAH LOVES SAND LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS! The child eats it. She loves to play in it at school and at her boy friends houses. So I took the plunge, paid $3 for the kiddy pool- which was used as a sandbox -full of shovels, sand castle making things, etc. We then went to Home Depot to purchase the $20 sand and tarp. Yeah, we cover it with a blue tarp and bricks. See above mention of "resourceful". Here's the pics of my sweet sand monster and her dad reveling in the glory.

Note: I have not gone near that sucker. Just daddy. She asks me to go- I sweat immediately. I'm considering putting a dirt devil near back door and a decontamination room (thanks Lesly!) I'm talkin' Andromeda Strain. That stuff gets everywhere. I'm getting nauseous thinking about it. I do love glitter, but I Don't like sand!!!





3 comments:

Sweet T said...

You're such a good mommy! Your sand-aversion is just like my ketchup phobia. Baby girl likes it, but I won't give it to her. Maybe you can help me one day.

Ashley S. said...

Cute pictures! You do know that sand and glitter are cousins, right?

Becky said...

I know how you feel about sand. It gets in everywhere and just when you think you have it all washed off, you find it stuck somewhere else! Good thing you got a cover. Because you know who else likes sandboxes - CATS! They think it's nature's litterbox.