Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Staycation- Went to the Movies

It's just the ol' Johnicles and me thanks to Nana and Papa who are watching our sweet lion-lover.

What have we been up to? Eating. Walking around the Downtown in extreme gale/gusts of wind. Eating. Planning our next meal. Sleeping in. Eating again. Getting gout from all the eating. And
we went to the movies!

We saw Silver Linings Playbook.
Thoughts:
- Why didn't Bradley C. get any nom love this year? He did a fantastic job IMHO. Yeah J-Law was great, but I kinda thought she did a great job playing herself which is pretty awesome (minus the potty mouth).
-It's cray. I mean really, it's about mental health issues. Which made me want to write the director and book author a thank you note for showing how normal being abnormal is. I mean everyone in the movie had issues.
 Even the therapist.
-I loved that Bradley Cooper's character was loyal to his wife. LOVED that. Oh my goodness we need more messages like that in this messed up-do-anything-you-want world.
-It reminded J and I of As Good As It Gets. But with a lot more cursing- could have done without that language.
-My favorite part? When J-Law was showing Bradley Cooper her little dance studio that she put in herself and says something to the effect of, "I'm not that great of a dancer. I just do it to have fun."
I don't know why, but this line was so very freeing to me. It was one of those movie moments that preached to my soul.
I would love to read the book, but again, can't take all the a-b-c-d-e-F in there. There are better words to read than that.

And another thing. Can we just stop it with the F word already? We perused Urban Outfitters and the F word- full out with all the letters- was everywhere. It's like a chic-Spencers now? Whaaa? No future teenager version of my child will NOT be shopping there.

So declasse! 

And our yum yum yumsies- we budgeted and have dined at:
Pink's Pizza- so it was okay. I prefer Star Pizza, Mazzei's and Top it Pizza. Oh they played music with full on F--- in the lyrics, so yeah, no taking my kid in that joint either!
Rainbow Lodge- we ate Elk Eyelashes! JK. Skirt Steak with chimichurri- we did lunch so as to save! John had crab cakes and all was well with the world.
Black Walnut Cafe- I'm going to say I just haven't found my dish here. But I won't give up on it yet.
La Lupita- Woodlands peeps need to get on this! Mexican- no Tex, Just Mex as they say. Kinda pricey, but yum! Get the steak tacos and make the add queso fresco!
Tomorrow--- we are hitting up Crescent City Beignets for b'fast.

No comments: