Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Not Gonna List for 2012 (It's short. Just like me.)

I'm calling resolutions "Not Gonnas". Mostly to avoid failure that seems to be linked with the word "resolution". Okay, maybe it's not linked per se, but you get it.

1. I'm not gonna complain this year, a la Phil. 2:14:
"Do everything without complaining or arguing..."
Definitely going to need God's help with this, because complaining is one of my best skills. Truly. A lot of my best joking material is composed solely of fine-tuned gripes. See, I'm already complaining about not being able to complain. Yeah, I do okay about not complaining (through God's grace) about stuff like not seeing or not walking but day to day mishaps and oddities- nuh-huh.

2. I'm not gonna wish for better.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:6 I know I get anxious when I start to compare or measure up, when I should just be saying thank you!
Pretty sure I'm going to have to pray daily for contentment. It's usually the wishing for better that leads to complaining. I mean, I woke up in America today. I'd say that's having it pretty good already.

3. I'm not gonna read the Twilight series. Wow. I already made that happen. Score 1 out of 3 - sweet!

UPDATE: 4. I forgot this one: I'm not gonna talk on the cell phone and drive. I just can't. After seeing that car graveyard during our Spring Staycation after our wreck, it just did something to me. Plus, I don't really have the best eye skills. John and I have promised each other not to call while we know the other is driving. That's especially hard for John since he's in the car for 2 hrs everyday. I did call him the other night out of a dinner emergency. Remember that collect call commercial a while back: Mr. Wehadababyitsaboy!? I called him and was like "Needchinesefoodorderandpickuppleasebyeloveyou!" OH and we didn't wreck due to cell phone use, some dude thought his car would work better without working brakes and sideswiped us.

I told you it was short. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: