Friday, December 2, 2011

Frugalicious Friday No. 13!



How to live in your means and then some tip for the day...
Group-couponing!!!!
With websites like:
Groupon
Houston On The Cheap

We no longer pay full price for food or events. Way to get smart local businesses! Dewberry farms for instance- we saved $24 by purchasing a groupon for them.
Our Christmas cards- I paid $25 for a groupon for Picaboo worth $75. I saved big time with that one! The custom-made ink stamp that I will be putting on said cards- $20 instead of $40 because I got a deal on Groupon!

You can go to Groupon right now and check your city, I have Houston on here, for daily deals in everything: restaurants, events, electronics, spa stuff (beware you see a groupon for some kind of waxing treatment daily), vacations, etc.

It's great! I really like the HoustonOnTheCheap.com website. That site has a compilation of deals throughout Houston which is how I knew where to get my Tom's shoes early bday gift for myself at 20% off at Whole Foods Market! And I like that it also tells me what's going on that weekend in Houston as well as giving me a discount for whatever event at the same time. Oh and through December they are doing a 12 days of giveaway stuff and their prizes are all Houston-specific.

And I was in no way paid or asked to do this post for either site. I just thought I'd share some scoop with you guys that haven't gotten on that group coup train!

No comments: