Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Can't Wait to Be King!



The day of recital finally arrived! And while I was clinching my jaw in anticipation of having to master a bun in a hairnet, Leelah just kept saying, "I JUST WANNA DANCE!!" She rocked it out in my completely unbiased opinion:). Thankful that we had John's family joining us to see it live. And what a show! What a production! It was Dancing Through The Decades- let me tell you, this mom of the 80's and 90's had to hold back from busting out on stage and going completely all "Whoomp there it is" and "This is How We Do It" on everybody. It's a good thing to. I don't wanna bust my hip. Or have an eyeball spring loose. Not a good look!
And I just kept asking questions aloud like, "Is it weird to want to just go up to all the girls and pull them aside individually to tell them how precious and wonderful they are? And to not lose hope?" Would that be weird? I'm saying mostly the jr. high and high school girls. Okay some of the elementary ones too.
Girls, you are preciously made! You shine like a star! Don't grow up too fast! Stop trying to be provocative and just enjoy your kid-ness! Oh how my heart wants them to know the truth. Just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!!!! SO PRECIOUS!!! LOVE HOW CUTE!!