Sunday, February 27, 2011

Praise Sweet Jesus

I can walk again!!!!
Without limping (almost all the time without a limp, but hey I'll take it!)

Good things happening:
1. I can walk again! For the past 2 weeks I've noticed significant improvement in my pain level for my hip. It still hurts every now and then, but NO CRUTCHES, NO WHEELCHAIR! Tomorrow the 28th would have been 7 months of not walking. Can I get a what what!?!?! Thank you Lord for healing me physically and spiritually. My goal was to be walking by the time Leelah started Kindergarten in Sept. So this is just amazing in the truest since of the word. God is just so good, walking or not. I wish I could just go on and on about this moment. But the fact is, God healed me. It's just that simple and complex all at once. I'm thankful!

2. We got a doggy dog!!! Leelah is allergic to: say it with me, "DOGS, CATS, AND JOHNSON GRASS!!!" That was supposed to be said aloud by a huge invisible audience. But we just fell in love with this little darling:

Her name is Boo. We love her. She is a maltipoo which is supposed to by hypoallergenic. We are really praying this will work out for us as we want her to be our forever pet.

3. Staycation!!!!!!!!!!!! We need it. What else can I say. Times have been tough.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Yay! Good news. :) So thrilled that your pain is easing. Can't wait to see loads and loads of pictures of Leelah with the new pup. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Praising the Lord with you my sweet friend!!!

Sweet T said...

Praise God! Miss you friend!

runneth-over said...

Hip hip hoooray!!! (Get it? Hip? Hip?) Ok, no really. I am so excited for you!!! SO much fun to read this. Can't wait to be closer to you for more pizza dates. ;)