Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Ocho... Eye surgery tomorrow...

Yep you read that right!

Yesterday we saw the always-glam Dr. Yeu(know it!) for my post-YAG visit. In all her experience of doctorness she's never seen a wrapper/capsule/membrane grow so fast over an eye. One week since I was there, in fact.

What is a YAG laser?
That Kind of explains it- remember I've got cataracts and Ectopia Lentis et Pupillae and my membranes grow SUPER fast not years but 1 week!

If you recall, and you shouldn't unless you're John, I had my 7th left eye surgery, 3rd YAG laser last Tuesday to remove this thing that my eye likes to grow everytime it gets surgery to repair/reposition the lens (which is quite often). This wrapper causes pain and fogged over vision similar to looking through vaseline. While the visit was supposed to be rejoiceful in hopes the YAG last week, which feels like big surgery for the rest of the day, was supposed to have cleared away the membrane; it was not successful because my eye grew ANOTHER wrapper on the back part of itself.

So tomorrow I go in at 3:30, get lasered around 4ish to hopefully have this be the last step in a long, long road. I am so thankful for all of these attempts to get clear vision. I know the Lord is using this in ways I cannot imagine! Whether it's Leelah watching how to handle setbacks and physical limitations or John practicing his God-given gift of dependability, we are thankful for these trials building perserverance. They even jokingly asked me to work there with them as a tech since we go every week or so. At least I've gotten some new friends.

Hopefully I will have good news to report! Oh wait, we already have good news. How about clear news!?

Thanks again for your prayers. May God be with you friends.

No comments: