Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

I'm going to be a One-Eyed-Purple-People Eater for Halloween this year! Whoop!

Pray it up for us tomorrow as we head to ol' St. Luke's for a first of the morning surgery to reattach the lens which has dropped in the left eye. Please pray for God's will to be done, which means the best outcome possible since He's got it all handled. Since He's in control I'm in no fear and have total peace. I can also say that knowing I will be going completely under so I'm not that brave!! Hey as long as I wake up to some graham crackers and a coke, I'm a-okay.

4 things I'm excited about:
1. Medical Margarita, i.e. pre-anethesia cocktail they IV me. So sue me. I like to get knocked out and they're the only margaritas I drink! You like your eye all mechanically opened up with prongs and poked with sharp stuff!?!? A la Fire in the Sky/Alien abduction like? No. I didn't think so.
2. The aforementioned coke and graham crackers. Maybe tea. I don't know if we'll have time!
3. Praying with the surgeon beforehand. Last time (December Vitrectomy) I prayed with the retina guy and that took a little courage for me. This time different doc whom I've had operate on me before but didn't have the guts to request a prayer. This time- it's on! High five!
4. Possible Terminator red-eye transplant or some cool cyborg eye.

Thanks for all of the prayers and support! Will write once I'm able to let you know what I see. Hoping it will be as good as it was a month ago after the YAG capsultomy procedure which restored my vision after 8 yrs of being gone!

I asked Leelah about why mommy was going to the hospital and what she thought they were going to do to my eye and she said, "sew it up!"
Suck it up. Sew it up. Keep on truckin'.

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

Praying for you, for peace and that perfect outcome tomorrow! Love you girl... you're so brave :)