Friday, April 17, 2009

Eye Sitch

Dis ain't ovah (Charles Bronson imitation).

So I've been trucking it via Driving Miss Crazy style with my mom, John and sometimes Leelah (thank goodness for portable DVD's!) over to the eye docs (3 times in the past week and a half). It would appear that the left eye- surgery dude- is now "inflamed". Inflamed means PAINFUL! Socket hurts, blah blah blah. So I've gotten the big bad drops - one for the inflammation and one to dialate it for 2 weeks. My pupil, normally the size of a pinhead at all times, is now the "size of Dallas"- that's a medical term. With one drop it will stay like that which will help with the pain and has. But I cannot see out of it. The reason I got for it being inflamed: "I'm a difficult patient". Great. I'm high maintenance, but don't know it- the WORST kind according to Harry in When Harry Met Sally.

Saw Dr. Hammy yesterday who said the inflammation was looking better, but I have to go in on Monday to see both Dr. H's to make sure it isn't infected. Again. I know right? It's not that I'm complaining, it's almost funny now. I do need prayers for it to be not infected and for the pain to go away! Please!

Right eye is doing it's thang with the cataract. If I had to guess and I shouldn't, I'd say it will have surgery on it at the end of the summer. It will take that long to get the left one on track if they have to remove the lens.

In the meantime, I'm thankful I can still read even if it's starting to get more and more difficult. I know God has a point to all of this and it is way better than I can imagine.

Worse comes to worse John will take over the blogging, and y'all will be better for it. That guy is hilarious! By the way, he's the only person to actually get picked for Jury Duty and has been serving it this week. I think he thinks he's on Law and Order or Matlock. Preferably, Matlock. He won't tell me anything. He totally takes it seriously, which is awesome. I'm super proud of his good heart. Course I wouldn't snitch either!

Should anyone in the World Wide Web have Dislocated Lenses (Ectopia Lentis) please drop me a line. Or if anyone has had Endopthalmitis- holler at me! Where my vision impaired people at? Can I get a GOOGLY EYE? Oh well. So sad Scott got eliminated off of Idol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad we didn't get to talk much yesterday. I'm sorry about your eyes. I will pray that the infection will go away. I do you keep it all straight? I can't even spell astigtmatism????