Sunday, March 1, 2009

Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?

Okay guys. I ain't even playin' when I say that I have already made my appt at the end of this year for getting a flu shot. We will be there. As a family all wearing sleeveless shirts, arms at the ready getting injected with sweet gold. Well Leelah will probably have to thigh it up, but you know what I mean. Let me tell you. I am just now feeling better and John and I were stricken with the flu virus 2 Fridays ago. Holy Chills Batman. That was terrible. TERRIBLE!!!!!! I have not been that ill in a while. I have lost 4 lbs in one week. I'm not complaining, but I love me some food so you know this is bad crap when I tell you that. So bad I had to use the word 'crap'. I can just now smell things- today. I lost my sense of hearing in one ear- so I feel you Callie although not to that extent- and lost my sense of smell. I threw up like I was in elementary school. People offered to meet us at Freebirds for dinner one night- I said no. For days my voice sounded like the Scream movie "hello Sydney" voice. Scary. John and I died. It was again- TERRIBLE!!! Leelah became a "re-flu-gee" and was banished to the land of grandparents- Huntsville for a whole weekend. She loved it! Thank you Nana and Poppa! So the moral of the story is when someone asks you if you want a flu shot say YES!!!!! Even if you are getting eye surgery the next day- JUST DO IT!!!

Now please to enjoy random pics...

You's a big fine crochet hook won't you back that stitch up! Thank you Mindee queen of things awesome- for teaching Tina my homegirl and I how to crochet!!! That was way fun lookin' all "smarmy" and such!

This is a pic of Leelah with Mr. Andrew and sweet baby Elizabeth- she is BEAUTIFUL! We met up with them and Ms. Becky and Mr. Bruce a while back at the wonderful Freebirds.

This awesome pout lip was captured by aforementioned Mr. Andrew Grohmann- it is an awesome shot!

Leelah pre-church time.

2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

That is a GREAT pout-lip picture! So cute! I'm sorry y'all have been all sick and dead and stuff. I'm glad you're better!

Sweet T said...

Oh my, those pics are awesome of Leelah! Girl, that crochet day was somethin'. I guess we can make a song out of anything when you give a shout-out to Juvenile (aka Cash Money Millionaire)! "Back that stitch up!" Glad you are on the mend from the flu. But, just know this: Cory got the flu shot this year, and he STILL got the flu.