Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Eyegate continues....

Next surgery (left eye vitrectomy) on Jan. 8th! At this point it's more of a to-do-list type thing I got to knock out. No big whoop. But it is feeling "angry" in that eyeball. Kinda like Dr. Mario in there with a bunch of germs jumping around. Oh wait- yeah so last week I went to lens doc and this week to retina doc both confirmed that I have an "indolent" (college boy talk) infection from the lensectomy surgery going on. What happened was during the lensectomy the germs on the white part of my eye (everyone has them I'm not "dirty") get scrubbed off all except for about 1% and guess who got those bad boys jumping in to mess it up? Me. Of course! The girl who made an intern quit from watching me give birth! I'm high maintenance y'all. You will NOT see a post of my birth story for Leelah and you should be thankful! So the vitrectomy on the 8th will take out the germs hopefully. In some cases (have heard that before!) the infection might come back. Then I would have to have the lens removed and be without for 6 mos and then have it put in again. SO prayers this does NOT happen. I wouldn't really mind, because I'm thankful I can have anyone fix anything with my eyes at all. I would just prefer to not go through that.

Things are good though. I found out finally that there's a vending machine in the Baylor Eye Clinic but it's heavily guarded.... Like in Harry Potter - Sorcerers Stone. When you go there 1-2 times per week and spend 3-5 hrs there each time. COME ON DUDE. My mom and I joke that we'll bring thermoses (thermosi?) full of soup and a sleeping bag next time. But seriously, my docs are brilliant and are well worth the wait!!! I HIGHLY recommend them and praise God for their talent, skill and courage to work on challenging googlyeyed folks.

Did I mention my 2 yr old daughter asks to toast our drinks when we eat now? Does that bother anyone else? Leelah is growing up too fast. I love that little kid! Pics of trees coming soon....

No comments: